Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

restoring from time machine backup

Good day everyone,

I am planning to restore my computer from a time machine backup as i'm experiencing some issues. but I wanted to confirm, if i restore from an older back up, will the most recent backups still be available afterward. I'm planning on restoring from an older backup to fix my OS, but i'm planning to use the most recent backup to copy a video collection to which I have added new videos recently. I'm using macOS Mojave.

Thanks for your help.

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 5:30 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 7:26 AM

jacobbe2 wrote:

Good day everyone,

I am planning to restore my computer from a time machine backup as i'm experiencing some issues. but I wanted to confirm, if i restore from an older back up, will the most recent backups still be available afterward. I'm planning on restoring from an older backup to fix my OS, but i'm planning to use the most recent backup to copy a video collection to which I have added new videos recently. I'm using macOS Mojave.

Thanks for your help.

Yes—will not effect your backup.

How to use Time Machine to restore your Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 14, 2020 7:26 AM in response to jacobbe2

jacobbe2 wrote:

Good day everyone,

Thanks for your help.

Yes—will not effect your backup.

How to use Time Machine to restore your Mac: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201250

restoring from time machine backup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.