Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My Iphone 11 pro max keeps on freezing/hanging when I use apps

Specially when I am using apps for chatting like messenger, line and viber.

I tried restart and reset. Also reinstalled the apps but issue is not fixed

Posted on Apr 14, 2020 9:05 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 7:44 AM

Hello Eiv15,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your iPhone is freezing when you use chatting apps. You have tried restarting and resetting the iPhone and reinstalling the apps, without success. With the troubleshooting you have tried so far, it would be a good idea to be sure there is not a software issue as the root cause of this for you.

1. Check out this article for the steps for How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  2. Use this article for the steps to Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.
  3. Once that is done, set the device up as new and test to see if the issue is still going on. Then, follow this article to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Let me know how this goes.

Best regards.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 7:44 AM in response to Eiv15

Hello Eiv15,

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

I understand that your iPhone is freezing when you use chatting apps. You have tried restarting and resetting the iPhone and reinstalling the apps, without success. With the troubleshooting you have tried so far, it would be a good idea to be sure there is not a software issue as the root cause of this for you.

1. Check out this article for the steps for How to back up your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
  2. Use this article for the steps to Use iTunes on your Mac or PC to restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings.
  3. Once that is done, set the device up as new and test to see if the issue is still going on. Then, follow this article to Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup

Let me know how this goes.

Best regards.

Apr 15, 2020 9:20 PM in response to chris_g1

thank you for the response!!

but before I did that. I noticed that the cause was when I use emoji. If I don’t use it, there is no slowing/hanging.

so as I read in google, I tried deleting the emoji, use the keyboard and then adding emoji again.

and it fixed the issue! It seems that there is an update in Emoji position in the keyboard and was only fixed when I deleted and the. Added again.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.