Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All of my contact pictures disappeared

All of my contact pictures disappeared one day, I don’t think I did anything in settings. How do I get them back without having to find each picture again?

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 5:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 5:48 PM

Hello laine20,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like photos are missing for your contacts. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

First, try restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone. Then, check to see if your photos returned for your contacts.

Force the Contacts app to close, and then, open it again: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you're using iCloud to sync your contacts, log in to iCloud from a computer to see if you're able to view photos for your contacts there. If you're able to see the photos there, try the steps in this article: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 5:48 PM in response to laine20

Hello laine20,

Welcome to Apple Support Communities. It sounds like photos are missing for your contacts. I'd be happy to share information that may help.

First, try restarting your iPhone: Restart your iPhone. Then, check to see if your photos returned for your contacts.

Force the Contacts app to close, and then, open it again: How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch.

If you're using iCloud to sync your contacts, log in to iCloud from a computer to see if you're able to view photos for your contacts there. If you're able to see the photos there, try the steps in this article: If your iCloud Contacts, Calendars, or Reminders won’t sync.

Take care.

All of my contact pictures disappeared

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.