Apple’s Worldwide Developers Conference to kick off June 10 at 10 a.m. PDT with Keynote address

The Keynote will be available to stream on apple.com, the Apple Developer app, the Apple TV app, and the Apple YouTube channel. On-demand playback will be available after the conclusion of the stream.

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cable serial number

I bought an iPhone 11 pro 4 mounts ago. Today when I checked my Cable I saw an  logo near the Designed by California . Is it fake? Pls check the photos . My serial number is: FG*****JGA

[Edited by Moderator]

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 7:31 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 7:11 AM

Hi Nekan91,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about your Lightning to USB cable authenticity, and I'd like to help out.

The information shown on your cable is exactly as it should be for an Apple Lightning to USB cable, as shown here:

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories

The cable's serial number is not associated with your Apple ID account, like an iPhone serial number is, so it won't produce any results if searched at Check Your Service and Support Coverage.

Take care!

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2020 7:11 AM in response to Nekan91

Hi Nekan91,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I see you have a question about your Lightning to USB cable authenticity, and I'd like to help out.

The information shown on your cable is exactly as it should be for an Apple Lightning to USB cable, as shown here:

Identify counterfeit or uncertified Lightning connector accessories

The cable's serial number is not associated with your Apple ID account, like an iPhone serial number is, so it won't produce any results if searched at Check Your Service and Support Coverage.

Take care!

Apr 16, 2020 8:21 AM in response to Nekan91

Hey Nekan91,

Thanks for the reply, and additional info. We appreciate it!

I can understand your question, as battery health is important. However, as long as the battery health is not below 80%, your battery is good. Below 80%, and it's time to get the battery replaced. Here's more information about battery health:

iPhone Battery and Performance

Here's some good information About Optimized Battery Charging on your iPhone.

if you want to see how apps are using the battery on your iPhone, this is a great article: About the battery usage on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

I hope this information helps out!

Enjoy your day!

Cable serial number

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.