Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsaved voice memo

I was recording a 3 hour voice memo but after stopping it it didn’t save . No I see it when I search but it doesn’t appear in my memo folder

iPhone 6 Plus, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 7:28 AM

4 replies

Apr 16, 2020 7:08 AM in response to sersinho

Hello sersinho,

Thanks for posting your question. As I understand it, you recorded a 3 hour voice memo and it seems to appear when you use the Search function, but it doesn't appear in the Voice Memos app.

When you tap the voice memo as it appears in the Search results, what happens?

Are you using Voice Memos in iCloud? If so, do you see the Voice Memo on any other devices? See your voice memos on all your devices

Does it help if you Restart your iPhone and check the Voice Memos app again?

As another test, try recording a new shorter voice memo. Does that one appear in the Voice Memos app as expected?

Best wishes.

Apr 16, 2020 7:53 AM in response to i_rina

Hello rina ,

thanks for replying . I use voice memo in iCloud but de memo didn’t appear on my other devices .i also restarted the phone a couple of times , but nothing helps .

if you look at the two pictures you can see that after the 3 hour memo I recorded few short ones . Still it doesn’t appear in my list .

Apr 16, 2020 8:56 AM in response to sersinho

Hi sersinho,

Thanks for replying. To confirm, what happens when you try tapping the voice memo in question from your Search results? Does it open, or does nothing seem to happen?

If you're unable to open it from Search, and it doesn't show in the Voice Memos app, there may not otherwise be a way to recover it, but it's worth trying!

Feel free to reply back with the results, and have a great day.

Unsaved voice memo

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.