Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Would any of the straps fit the Nike version or it's only the available Nike straps that fit

hi all,

I'm looking to purchase my first apple watch, I'm stuck between the series 5 and the series 5 nike version. not sure what the differences are and wanted to know if any off the straps would fit the nike version or if its only the available nike straps that fit. i was leaning towards the nike version but prefer the straps from the standard series 5. any help on this would be most appreciated. :-)

​[Re-Titled by Moderator]

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 8:08 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 5:40 PM

The Series 5 and the Nike Series 5 are identical from a hardware and software perspective, except the Nike comes with:

• The Nike has an exclusive Nike band (but you can use any other Apple Watch band that matches the size (40mm for the smaller Apple Watch and 44mm for the larger Apple Watch).
    • The Nike has an exclusive Nike watch face (but you can switch to any of the other Series 5 watch faces).
    • The Nike Logo

So if you do not care about a Nike watch band, or a Nike watch face, or the Nike logo, then a regular Series 5 will work just fine.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 5:40 PM in response to Travis-newbie

The Series 5 and the Nike Series 5 are identical from a hardware and software perspective, except the Nike comes with:

• The Nike has an exclusive Nike band (but you can use any other Apple Watch band that matches the size (40mm for the smaller Apple Watch and 44mm for the larger Apple Watch).
    • The Nike has an exclusive Nike watch face (but you can switch to any of the other Series 5 watch faces).
    • The Nike Logo

So if you do not care about a Nike watch band, or a Nike watch face, or the Nike logo, then a regular Series 5 will work just fine.

Would any of the straps fit the Nike version or it's only the available Nike straps that fit

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.