Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Photo library

I need more storage in mi IPhone 6s what happend if I unselect keep normal photo in HDR. That s will also apply to photos In my library? Or only to new photos?

iPhone 6s, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 8:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 11:28 AM

if I unselect keep normal photo in HDR.

It will only apply to new photos.

But it is a risky setting. Sometimes the HRD version will have motion artefacts or horribly oversaturated colors, and then it is important to have saved the normal photo.

I have always kept "keep normal photo" enabled and checked the photos immediately after taking them. If the HDR version has been fine, I deleted the normal version immediately. If not, I deleted the HDR version.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 11:28 AM in response to norberto144

if I unselect keep normal photo in HDR.

It will only apply to new photos.

But it is a risky setting. Sometimes the HRD version will have motion artefacts or horribly oversaturated colors, and then it is important to have saved the normal photo.

I have always kept "keep normal photo" enabled and checked the photos immediately after taking them. If the HDR version has been fine, I deleted the normal version immediately. If not, I deleted the HDR version.

Photo library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.