Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Watch Series 4 Battery Since last update

Hi,

Anyone else noticed a big drop on the battery life since last update a few days ago?

On Sunday 12th I upgraded the IOS on my Iphone 11 Pro and also on my Apple Watch series 4 to the latest versions available, before I did the upgrade the battery would last about 48h but since the upgrade it's only lasting about 24h, nothing else changed I'm getting about the same notifications as always, same usage or maybe less.

Did apple break something with the latest update?

Thanks

Apple Watch

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 9:01 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 11:12 AM

It can take a few days for devices to finish the behind the scenes updating after an upgrade. I've noticed no major difference in the battery life of my Apple Watch 4 since I upgraded to an iPhone 11 Pro. I'd say that, mostly, it seems as if it lasts longer. I'd double check settings to see if something has changed.

If nothing seems different, you can unpair and re-pair the watch.

However, 48 hours would be an unusually long time for an Apple Watch battery to last, well beyond Apple's specifications of 18 hours.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 11:12 AM in response to Octron2008

It can take a few days for devices to finish the behind the scenes updating after an upgrade. I've noticed no major difference in the battery life of my Apple Watch 4 since I upgraded to an iPhone 11 Pro. I'd say that, mostly, it seems as if it lasts longer. I'd double check settings to see if something has changed.

If nothing seems different, you can unpair and re-pair the watch.

However, 48 hours would be an unusually long time for an Apple Watch battery to last, well beyond Apple's specifications of 18 hours.

Apple Watch Series 4 Battery Since last update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.