Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do i back up one phone so that I can download to another via icloud

I get an error message when I try to connect my phone to itunes so the restore option isn't working for me there. Next step was to upload to the icloud. I have tried several times to make sure that my iphone 7 plus is backed up to the icloud so that I can download all the data to my iphone 11 pro. Can't seem to get the iphone to back up. icloud backup is on. How do I activate "back up now"?

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 9:06 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 9:32 AM

Do you have a successful back up created on your computer? If NOT then try again and follow the procedure listed in this article by Apple ➔ How to Backup your iPhone your computer. Make sure that you have updated version of iTunes if you are using macOS Mojave or lower OR MS Windows. If you are using macOS Catalina then ensure that you have the latest version.

For backup on iCloud to initiate manually, Make sure that your are connected to WiFi (Cellular connection won't work) and then open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➔ iCloud ➔ iCloud Backup and then select Backup Now. You must have enough space on iCloud to complete your backup. Here is more information on ➔ How to create a backup on iCloud.

Good Luck.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 9:32 AM in response to Gold-i-lox

Do you have a successful back up created on your computer? If NOT then try again and follow the procedure listed in this article by Apple ➔ How to Backup your iPhone your computer. Make sure that you have updated version of iTunes if you are using macOS Mojave or lower OR MS Windows. If you are using macOS Catalina then ensure that you have the latest version.

For backup on iCloud to initiate manually, Make sure that your are connected to WiFi (Cellular connection won't work) and then open Settings ➔ Apple ID (Your Name at Top) ➔ iCloud ➔ iCloud Backup and then select Backup Now. You must have enough space on iCloud to complete your backup. Here is more information on ➔ How to create a backup on iCloud.

Good Luck.

Axel F.

how do i back up one phone so that I can download to another via icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.