Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2500 Diamonds is at it again!

I just got the phishing scam telling me I had purchased a Mobile Legends game for $49,96. Yes, you saw it right...just as it appears on the "receipt", there's a comma where a period should be. I looked at the whole thing again and noticed it stated: "Notification : Your purchase today has been successed." It claimed the purchase would be paid by my linked credit card. I opened my Wallet and checked the purchases, but didn't see anything suspicious.

My question is this, If I delete this phishing email, is it GONE from my email, computer, iPhone or did I infect or download something malicious by merely opening the email message? Am I OK or do I need to do something else?

iPhone 8 Plus, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 6:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 6:49 PM

The email is only harmful if you act on the message by going to the bogus site and entering your personal or financial information. As with all such emails, delete and move on with your day. No other steps are required.

3 replies

2500 Diamonds is at it again!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.