📢 Newsroom Update

The iPhone 16 and iPhone 16 Pro lineups, Apple Watch Series 10, the new black titanium Apple Watch Ultra 2, AirPods 4, and new colors for AirPods Max are now available! Learn more >

You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple ID, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes music files

how do I file my playlists in folders? I have used up my playlists and need more file space.

Windows, Windows 10

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 7:15 PM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 2:27 AM

Click on File/New/Playlist Folder. It appears that iTunes no longer switches to the new folder, so instead, you have to scroll down and find it (not very intuitive if you have a long list of folders, is it?)

The Playlist Folders are listed immediately below the All Playlists header and above any of the Playlists:

As you can see, it's been automatically named as untitled folder, and the folders are listed in alphabetical order. You can of course rename the folder, by clicking on the name and overtyping with your preference.

Now, all you need to do is drag any of your Playlists (both Smart and Regular ones) to the folder. Note that you cannot add songs directly to a Playlist Folder.

1 reply
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 16, 2020 2:27 AM in response to Blutrunk

Click on File/New/Playlist Folder. It appears that iTunes no longer switches to the new folder, so instead, you have to scroll down and find it (not very intuitive if you have a long list of folders, is it?)

The Playlist Folders are listed immediately below the All Playlists header and above any of the Playlists:

As you can see, it's been automatically named as untitled folder, and the folders are listed in alphabetical order. You can of course rename the folder, by clicking on the name and overtyping with your preference.

Now, all you need to do is drag any of your Playlists (both Smart and Regular ones) to the folder. Note that you cannot add songs directly to a Playlist Folder.

iTunes music files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.