Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iphone randomly went to black screen with loading icon

Hi, today while I was using my iphone XR the screen randomly went to a black screen with the loading icon then prompted me to log back in as it went to the lock screen. I am wondering why my phone did this and if anyone else is experiencing a similar problem. I am running ios 13.4.1.

iPhone XR, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 7:19 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 15, 2020 7:33 PM

Yes I and nearly everyone who has owned an iPhone over a few years have experienced either a re-spring or an abrupt reboot of an iPhone. There is a laundry list of reasons why this can happen and the reasons can be from a failing hardware (Battery etc.) to a misbehaving app. It can be software related in the iOS or it can be from accessing corrupt data.

These abrupt reboots are not supposed to happen frequently. In my experience, this behavior happens on rare occasions. If you begin to see this frequently the please post here again then we can help you troubleshoot using other tools to address it.

Axel F.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 15, 2020 7:33 PM in response to bruvva_

Yes I and nearly everyone who has owned an iPhone over a few years have experienced either a re-spring or an abrupt reboot of an iPhone. There is a laundry list of reasons why this can happen and the reasons can be from a failing hardware (Battery etc.) to a misbehaving app. It can be software related in the iOS or it can be from accessing corrupt data.

These abrupt reboots are not supposed to happen frequently. In my experience, this behavior happens on rare occasions. If you begin to see this frequently the please post here again then we can help you troubleshoot using other tools to address it.

Axel F.

iphone randomly went to black screen with loading icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.