Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Trouble setting up screen time control for son’s iphone

Hi, I’d be grateful for any advice. I got my 10 year old son an iPhone a few months ago. I want to set up controls on his usage but can’t. He’s got an Apple ID and when we tried to set things up by family settings it said he was an adult and I couldn’t get the screen time bit to work. I have an iPhone 5s, he has an iPhone 7.

iPhone 5s, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 2:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 8:34 AM

Try correcting the birth date on his account. Then see if you can set up Screen Time. You may have to do it directly on his phone.

Apple ID - Update the birth date associated with.         

Parental controls.     

Parental Controls and Family Sharing.    

Similar questions

5 replies

Apr 18, 2020 5:40 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi, thanks for the reply. I’m still having problems. I’ve got my son’s Apple ID set as a kid and he’s in my family sharing. However, when I press the icon for screen time nothing happens - it’s just a blank screen. I don’t think it’s lagging. I’ve done the most recent iOS update, I’ve reset my phone, I’ve turned screen time on and off. Nothing seems to work. He’s got screen time on on his phone.

Thanks for any further suggestions

Apr 19, 2020 2:14 AM in response to Eric Root

Hi, yes I checked his restrictions on his phone and there don’t seem to be any issues.

The puzzling thing is that family sharing is obviously working because I now get notifications when he wants to load a new app.

Its just that clicking on the screen time icon gives a blank screen. Im

wondering if it has anything to do with non-compatibility between iPhone 5 and iPhone 7 or maybe because my iCloud usage is full up.

The annoying thing is all the websites say it’s a straightforward thing just to click on. Any further suggestions appreciated.

Trouble setting up screen time control for son’s iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.