Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Failure sending group SMS (without iMessage)

Hey, I have been using iPhone for a long time but I have always faced an issue which is related to send group text messages especially to a non- iPhone user. Whenever I try to send group text message, I receive a failure text message. Is there any way to fix this problem?

iPhone 6, iOS 12

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 4:40 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 7:12 PM

Hi Faseeh16,

I understand you're having trouble with MMS messages. I know it's a great feature to keep in touch with your groups, and I want to help.

Check out this article that helps explain the difference between MMS and other messages:

About iMessage and SMS/MMS - Apple Support

If this is happening consistently when sending MMS group or picture messages, you'll need to make sure you're in an area that has strong data signal of 3G or better. Make sure you have cellular data enabled and MMS enabled in Settings > Cellular and Settings > Messages.

If you continue to experience an issue, you'll want to contact your carrier for further assistance with MMS.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2020 7:12 PM in response to Faseeh16

Hi Faseeh16,

I understand you're having trouble with MMS messages. I know it's a great feature to keep in touch with your groups, and I want to help.

Check out this article that helps explain the difference between MMS and other messages:

About iMessage and SMS/MMS - Apple Support

If this is happening consistently when sending MMS group or picture messages, you'll need to make sure you're in an area that has strong data signal of 3G or better. Make sure you have cellular data enabled and MMS enabled in Settings > Cellular and Settings > Messages.

If you continue to experience an issue, you'll want to contact your carrier for further assistance with MMS.

Thanks for using the Apple Support Communities.

May 5, 2020 10:31 AM in response to CarlAVII

Hello @PsyDye,

I followed your instructions and still am having issues. The issue I'm having is that I can send and receive text messages in my iMac Messanger app from iPhone users. However, for non-iPhone users I cannot send or receive messages.

I've tried logging out and back in on both my iPhone and Mac. Reset settings, reverified text forwarding in the iMessage app on my phone and I'm still having issues.

Any help would be appreciated as I run a business from home and need to be able to send and receive messages on my iMac.

Thanks,

J

Failure sending group SMS (without iMessage)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.