Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Air 2020 with multiple monitors on Lenovo dockingstation

Hi everyone,

yesterday I got my first MacBook (Air 2020). Since I am using a Lenovo Thinkpad with a Thunderbolt port for work, I thought it would make sense to get a Thunderbolt dockingstation so I can use my peripheral setup for both computers. So I ordered a Lenovo Thunderbolt 3 Gen. 2 dockingstation.

I connected two monitors to the dock (one DP, one HDMI), mouse, keyboard and ethernet. With my Lenovo laptop this setup works fine.

Now when I switch to the Macbook, it mirrors the monitors and the color of one monitor gets purple (hope i can add an image below).

In System Preferences -> Displays it does only show one connected monitor. If I hit Command and press the "Detected Devices" button there still does not appear a second monitor.

In the notes of this site (https://www.apple.com/thunderbolt/) it says:

1. Up to four 4K displays or up to two 6K displays with 16-inch MacBook Pro; up to four 4K displays or two 5K displays with iMac Pro and 15-inch MacBook Pro; up to three 4K displays or one 5K display with Mac mini; up to two 4K displays or one 5K display with iMac, MacBook Air, and 13-inch MacBook Pro.

So in general I should be able to use both of my monitors in extended mode, shouldn't I?

As monitors I am using an AOC G2460PF and an AOC G2460PG.

Please help :(

MacBook Air 13", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 7:30 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

MacBook Air 2020 with multiple monitors on Lenovo dockingstation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.