Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen slides off to the right and disappears

I have had this iMac for a few years. The main screen being used will often slide off to the right out of sight and I can't figure out how to stop or retrieve it.

iMac 27", macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 8:16 AM

7 replies

Apr 17, 2020 7:04 AM in response to midnightcowbo41

You may have (accidentally?) selected a different desktop through Mission Control. Are you the only user of the computer? Someone else may have set up another desktop that you are not aware of. I use a different desktop to to run a Firefox browser window and then run a Safari window in the main Desktop window (cuz my wife can not [will not?] remember to leave my browser tabs open). Apple has provided instructions on how use Mission Control at this link. There are several ways to switch desktops. I simply hold down the control key and hit the right or left arrow depending on which desktop I need to use. Try this last step to see if that is what is happening.

Apr 16, 2020 8:40 AM in response to midnightcowbo41

When I am working on whatever screen I have up it seems that when I use the mouse, the screen will slowly start moving to the right until it is completely off the computer screen. Sometimes I can stop moving the mouse and the screen will stabilize. But, I AM NOT moving the screen intentionally out of sight. Is is as if the screen just moves on its own until it disappears. This doesn't happen all the time, but frequently enough ( a couple times per day or more) to be a problem.

Screen slides off to the right and disappears

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.