Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

hacked?

has anyone watched their phone dial a call while not touching your phone? has my phone been hacked? and what to do

iPhone 8, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 9:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 9:48 AM

Hello sinpulpo,

I understand a phone number was dialed on your iPhone without the device actually being touched and you would like to make sure your device is secure. I'm happy to help you out with this.

The likelihood of someone remotely having access to your phone without your knowledge and being able to dial a phone number is pretty small. To make sure your device is secure and stays that way, you would want to avoid giving your Apple ID password to anyone and avoid making any unauthorized modifications to your iPhone (i.e., jailbreaking) as described in the following support article: Unauthorized modification of iOS can cause security vulnerabilities, instability, shortened battery life, and other issues.

It's possible what you experienced was caused by a software glitch or a hardware issue. Was this one instance the only time this issue occurred? Were you in an area that was very humid, or is it possible there was any moisture/liquid or dirt/debris on your screen? This could potentially cause unexpected touches on your screen.

If this wasn't the case and this is a reoccurring issue, I recommend testing your iPhone after removing any cases, screen protector, and accessories. Do you have any accidental damage to your iPhone? Sometimes damage, especially screen damage or contact with liquids, can cause unexpected behavior like what you're describing. Respond back if you need continued support with this issue.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 9:48 AM in response to sinpulpo

Hello sinpulpo,

I understand a phone number was dialed on your iPhone without the device actually being touched and you would like to make sure your device is secure. I'm happy to help you out with this.

The likelihood of someone remotely having access to your phone without your knowledge and being able to dial a phone number is pretty small. To make sure your device is secure and stays that way, you would want to avoid giving your Apple ID password to anyone and avoid making any unauthorized modifications to your iPhone (i.e., jailbreaking) as described in the following support article: Unauthorized modification of iOS can cause security vulnerabilities, instability, shortened battery life, and other issues.

It's possible what you experienced was caused by a software glitch or a hardware issue. Was this one instance the only time this issue occurred? Were you in an area that was very humid, or is it possible there was any moisture/liquid or dirt/debris on your screen? This could potentially cause unexpected touches on your screen.

If this wasn't the case and this is a reoccurring issue, I recommend testing your iPhone after removing any cases, screen protector, and accessories. Do you have any accidental damage to your iPhone? Sometimes damage, especially screen damage or contact with liquids, can cause unexpected behavior like what you're describing. Respond back if you need continued support with this issue.

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities.

Take care.

hacked?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.