Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Screen keeps changing color temperature randomly

MacBook Pro 2018 display problems on Catalina:

I have a problem with my MacBook Pro 2018, but it is not the actual display that is broken, it must be the video card or software problem because it also happens to any external monitor I plug my Mac into.

So basically both the Mac display and the external monitors BOTH change colour temperature to either a bluish or pinkish hue at the same time and randomly throughout the day. It is uniform across the entire screen as if someone is changing the NIGHT SHIFT slider ever so slightly but enough to see an abrupt change.. and it happen every time I re-boot. Only thing that works a bit is to manually change the night-sift colour slightly then is stops, until I re-boot again of after computer wakes from sleep.

Its is very annoying as a graphic designer and I have no solution for this crap!

Can someone help?? :(

MacBook

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 10:15 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 10:18 AM

Turn off true tone

Use True Tone on your Mac - Apple Support

Similar questions

1 reply

Screen keeps changing color temperature randomly

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.