Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting my MacBook pro to Samsung TV

My Mac Book pro does not appear on my smart TV. I am using an HDMI cable with Thunderbolt connection. I saw that others have this same problem when upgrading to a new OS. I have MacOS Catalina 10.15.4. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 1:12 PM

3 replies

Apr 17, 2020 2:36 PM in response to gale fromcambridge

Hi, Gale,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I understand you're attempting to use your TV as a display for your MacBook Pro, but are unable to get it working since updating to macOS Catalina. I'm happy to help!

First, take a look at the information in Use your TV as a display with Mac - Apple Support, which guides you through setting up your TV as a display.

If you're still having trouble after that, check out the "See also" section, which has additional resources that can help isolate and troubleshoot the issue.

Best!

Apr 18, 2020 8:21 AM in response to gale fromcambridge

Thanks for following up, Gale!

Since you've gone through the previously provided resource and still need help, I'd next take a look at Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support.

Should you still need help after that, please get in touch with Appel Support directly. You can do that here: Contact Apple Support.

Have a great day!

Apr 17, 2020 4:53 PM in response to Teddy_B

Yes, I did do everything in Apple support and even got our tech guy here to do it as well. My TV also had a VGA outlet for a PC and my tech guy tried to connect with this, but to no avail. I was wondering if I needed to update my TV software, so I downloaded an update, but could not open it because it need a Microsoft app. My TV is a 2010 Samsung LCD 630. So, I still am not able to connect.

Connecting my MacBook pro to Samsung TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.