Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My charger keeps saying not supported

I have an Apple charger that I got when I brought my I phone 7 and my charger keeps saying not supported but I have researched it and am on the most recent IOS the charger isn’t broken damaged or dirty and my phone isn’t dirty or damaged either ,, it’s getting very annoying and my phone won’t charge and it sometimes is making my battery go down which is very inconvenient as I’m always having to be by my charger if I want to use my phone as it keeps dying , could you suggest anything

[Re-Titled by Moderator]

iPhone 7, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 1:22 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 1:39 PM

Probably not the charger, but the cable you are using with it, or the iPhone 7 port.

1. Check the iPhone 7 port for any lint or debris, and try removing it carefully with a wooden or plastic toothpick or other small non-conductive item.
  2. Try a different charging cable with your charger.
  3. Try with a different charging block and see if it works with that.A charger from an iPad or even a MacBook or MacBook Pro would work for the iPhone.
1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 16, 2020 1:39 PM in response to maddison77

Probably not the charger, but the cable you are using with it, or the iPhone 7 port.

1. Check the iPhone 7 port for any lint or debris, and try removing it carefully with a wooden or plastic toothpick or other small non-conductive item.
  2. Try a different charging cable with your charger.
  3. Try with a different charging block and see if it works with that.A charger from an iPad or even a MacBook or MacBook Pro would work for the iPhone.

My charger keeps saying not supported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.