Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote Live Captions for hearing impaired

PowerPoint and Google slides both offer live captioning when presenting in slide show mode - does Keynote offer this option?

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 3:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on May 3, 2020 11:43 AM

Not at the moment. I followed @Jameson_H advice and created a feature request: Feedback - Keynote - Apple.

PowerPoint works with several languages (in my case German, Spanish, French and Italian can come in handy) and even has automatic translation for the subtitles... with a bit of luck, Apple's accessibility team is already working on it!

You are right AliciaG319, this feature is a must for the deaf and hearing impaired, and it's also very important for people presenting to cross-cultural publics, mostly if the presenter is not a native speaker.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

May 3, 2020 11:43 AM in response to AliciaG319

Not at the moment. I followed @Jameson_H advice and created a feature request: Feedback - Keynote - Apple.

PowerPoint works with several languages (in my case German, Spanish, French and Italian can come in handy) and even has automatic translation for the subtitles... with a bit of luck, Apple's accessibility team is already working on it!

You are right AliciaG319, this feature is a must for the deaf and hearing impaired, and it's also very important for people presenting to cross-cultural publics, mostly if the presenter is not a native speaker.

Apr 17, 2020 4:25 PM in response to AliciaG319

Hi, Alicia,

Thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you'd like to know if Keynote for Mac offers an option to add live captions for hearing impaired viewers. I'm happy to provide you with some information!

The Apple Support article Create accessible documents, spreadsheet, or presentations with Pages, Numbers, or Keynote - Apple Support provides all the current accessibility options available when it comes to using Pages, Numbers, and Keynote.

If you do not see the accessibility feature you need access to, you're welcome to let Apple know you would like to see it in a future Keynote release here: Feedback - Keynote - Apple.

Have a wonderful weekend!

Keynote Live Captions for hearing impaired

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.