Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sync music from PC to IPod

How do I sync only selected albums/artists. I do not have sufficient storage for all music on my PC

iPod, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 4:21 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 2:01 AM

• Connect your iPod to iTunes.
  • Click on the iPod icon that appears on the top bar menu:

You will see the Device/Settings/Summary pane.

• Switch to the Device/Settings/Music pane (1.) in the screenshot below:

• Presumably, the Sync Music (2.) box is already ticked (if not, click on the box to turn the tick on)
  • In the option (3.) beneath sync music, choose selected playlists, artists, albums and genres. This will now cause the boxes in section 4. to appear
  • select each of the playlists, artists, albums and genres (4.) that you wish to add to your iPod (scroll the page to see the additional sections)
  • on this occasion, click on the Apply button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window (not shown in screenshot). You only need to do this when you change the options in 4.
  • eject the iPod

Each time you subsequently Sync the iPod with your iTunes Library, those same options in 4 will be used. You do not need to go through these steps again unless you wish to change the selections in 4.

If you haven't already spotted the possibilities, you could use Smart Playlists to automatically remove and add music to your iPod so that you don't have to go through the steps above every time. I can explain this in more detail if you require.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 2:01 AM in response to susanfrombeaufort

• Connect your iPod to iTunes.
  • Click on the iPod icon that appears on the top bar menu:

You will see the Device/Settings/Summary pane.

• Switch to the Device/Settings/Music pane (1.) in the screenshot below:

• Presumably, the Sync Music (2.) box is already ticked (if not, click on the box to turn the tick on)
  • In the option (3.) beneath sync music, choose selected playlists, artists, albums and genres. This will now cause the boxes in section 4. to appear
  • select each of the playlists, artists, albums and genres (4.) that you wish to add to your iPod (scroll the page to see the additional sections)
  • on this occasion, click on the Apply button in the lower right corner of the iTunes window (not shown in screenshot). You only need to do this when you change the options in 4.
  • eject the iPod

Each time you subsequently Sync the iPod with your iTunes Library, those same options in 4 will be used. You do not need to go through these steps again unless you wish to change the selections in 4.

If you haven't already spotted the possibilities, you could use Smart Playlists to automatically remove and add music to your iPod so that you don't have to go through the steps above every time. I can explain this in more detail if you require.

Sync music from PC to IPod

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.