Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV box is not working

Our apple TV box is not working. I unplugged both the power and HDMI cables and tried again. When I re-plugged, it shows a picture in the TV that looks like the apple TV box needs to be charged. The cable in the picture seems to be needle based and is shown to be connected below the HDMI cable slot in the apple tv box.

We only have the normal charger cables i.e. the ones used for iphones and ipads. The normal charger cables doesn't slot into the apple TV. We don't have the needle based strange cable.

Any tips for us to get this apple tv box (model AI427) working again.

Thanks in advance.

Apple TV

Posted on Apr 16, 2020 10:38 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 12:55 AM

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

It is showing a USB cable with USB Micro-B plug on one end. Such a cable is not included with the device, and has to be purchased separately. Verify to get one that supports data transfer (not just for charging purposes).

Then do a Restore as described in the linked document.

6 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 12:55 AM in response to GUS_12

Restore your Apple TV - Apple Support

It is showing a USB cable with USB Micro-B plug on one end. Such a cable is not included with the device, and has to be purchased separately. Verify to get one that supports data transfer (not just for charging purposes).

Then do a Restore as described in the linked document.

Apple TV box is not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.