Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple Music Only Playing Previews of Songs

I have Apple Music and have never had a problem, however this morning I woke up and my music only plays previews of the song when I click on them. I tried restarting my phone and I get the same thing. I don't download music to my phone, I strictly use Apple Music. Can anyone help me please?

iPhone 11 Pro Max

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 7:24 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 6:12 PM

This just started to happen on my daughters iPhone 8 Plus this evening. Rest of us have newer phones and are not effected. Not sure if the type of phone has something to do with it?

We tried everything on her phone, logging out, deleting and re-installing the app, WiFi and cellular.

She can listen just fine with her Apple ID on her laptop but not on her phone. She’s not happy.

10 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 6:12 PM in response to grtchn

This just started to happen on my daughters iPhone 8 Plus this evening. Rest of us have newer phones and are not effected. Not sure if the type of phone has something to do with it?

We tried everything on her phone, logging out, deleting and re-installing the app, WiFi and cellular.

She can listen just fine with her Apple ID on her laptop but not on her phone. She’s not happy.

Apr 17, 2020 7:53 PM in response to mindeele15

Same thing happening to me. Was listening to music perfectly all day then all of a sudden couldnt play any songs as I would get a message popping up saying “You’re already an apple music member”. I signed out of my Apple ID, restarted my phone, and tried again and same problem happened. I updated my phone and as soon as I did now my app will only play previews.

May 31, 2020 6:50 PM in response to grtchn

Im having the same problem on my XS Max. My iPad and MacBook Air are not affected. Not to mention when I shuffle my music, (to actually get songs to play, it buffers for a few minuets...) The settings on my phone and iPad are identical... im hoping the new update helps it.

Weird thing is, the music Is downloaded to my phone, but not my Mac or iPad?

Apple Music Only Playing Previews of Songs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.