Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New keyboard equivalent of old-school Apple Keyboard

Is there a specific "old-school" type of Apple keyboard out now, that anybody could recommend for use on iMac? What I"m asking for is a brand-new keyboard, which will work on an iMac that has taller buttons. Not even sure if taller is the correct word, but basically buttons which are similar to the ones on the old Apple keyboards which you used to have to plug in via USB.

Ever since I bought my iMac back in 2013, I have not liked this magic keyboard with the buttons so thin. They hurt my fingers.

I know I can just go browsing through Amazon or some other site, but I was just hoping somebody out there might have suggestions as to a specific make or model. Thanks.

iMac 21.5", 10.13

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 9:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 9:25 AM

There are a lot of third party keyboards available. I'd suggest visiting www.macsales.com and look at the keyboard selection they offer. As they specialize in Macs you can talk to a human and get some recommendations for your needs. If you are outside the USA, please let us know and i supply a link for their international dealers.

Similar questions

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 9:25 AM in response to CAranda101

There are a lot of third party keyboards available. I'd suggest visiting www.macsales.com and look at the keyboard selection they offer. As they specialize in Macs you can talk to a human and get some recommendations for your needs. If you are outside the USA, please let us know and i supply a link for their international dealers.

Apr 26, 2020 12:27 PM in response to rkaufmann87

rkaufmann87

I just wanted to say Thanks, again, for pointing me in the right direction. I found the Matias Tactile Pro Keyboard for Mac and, as a matter of fact, am typing on it right now. It's wonderful. Right away, I noticed a huge difference on my hands and fingers. It's definitely not hurting them as the regular thin keyboard for Mac does. Huge difference! This Matias keyboard is the exact replica of the old-school Mac keyboard. It's even just as loud. LOL I don't care if people hear me typing miles away, it's heaven on my hands. Sure, Matias offers a less noisy version of this keyboard, but where is the fun in that?

Thanks x1000!!!!

New keyboard equivalent of old-school Apple Keyboard

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.