Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad Pro 2017 & eSim activation

Hello,

I have iPad Pro from 2017 which should support usual SIM + eSIM.

Now I try to use it with carrier outside USA (has never used eSIM before).

But when I scan QR code, get the message:

"Mobile Plan can't be set up; eSIM installation is unsupported on your device"

Any ideas what it could mean?

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 11:21 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 17, 2020 1:15 PM

Looking at the specs for the iPad Pro 2017 model, I don't see where it supports an eSIM. I see where it should have an embedded Apple Sim, but that is not supported by all carriers.

Not all carriers support Apple SIM and eSIM. See your carrier for more details. Not available in China mainland. The eSIM technology works with iPad Pro 11‑inch (1st and 2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad (7th generation), and iPad mini (5th generation). Apple SIM works with iPad Pro 9.7‑inch, iPad Pro 10.5‑inch, iPad (5th and 6th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 4.

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 17, 2020 1:15 PM in response to aleksey_s

Looking at the specs for the iPad Pro 2017 model, I don't see where it supports an eSIM. I see where it should have an embedded Apple Sim, but that is not supported by all carriers.

Not all carriers support Apple SIM and eSIM. See your carrier for more details. Not available in China mainland. The eSIM technology works with iPad Pro 11‑inch (1st and 2nd generation), iPad Pro 12.9‑inch (3rd and 4th generation), iPad Air (3rd generation), iPad (7th generation), and iPad mini (5th generation). Apple SIM works with iPad Pro 9.7‑inch, iPad Pro 10.5‑inch, iPad (5th and 6th generation), iPad Air 2, iPad mini 3, and iPad mini 4.

iPad Pro 2017 & eSim activation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.