Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have old mini iPad i cant remove lock

They need old email I forgot the email and password how i can remove the activation lock!!!

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 5:55 AM

10 replies

Apr 18, 2020 4:07 PM in response to foz32

foz32 wrote:

Do you understand what I mean ????!!!!!!!!!

What I mean
I don’t remember the Apple id its very very old
How i can use my iPad with different apple id?

First off, you are not speaking to Apple. This is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here. If you wish to use the device again, you are going to have to use the link Demo provided to try and recover your Apple ID. Until you remove the Activation Lock, which requires you to use the Apple ID and password you used to originally activate the device, you cannot use it with another Apple ID. Turn off Activation Lock - Apple Support

If you wish to speak with Apple directly, you can use the Contact Support link at the top of the page. However, they are going to tell you the same thing. Just because you don't like the answer, does not mean that it is going to change.

Apr 18, 2020 4:08 PM in response to foz32

Nobody here is from Apple. We’re all end-user customers just like you.

The Apple Support Communities are a place where user with a problem, such as yourself, can ask for technical assistance from other knowledgable users. Where we can, we either try to help - or direct you to suitable resources where you can seek assistance.

As for you own problem, this information page might be helpful to you in learning about the Activation Lock - and what you can and can’t do to resolve your issue:

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201365

Apr 18, 2020 4:26 PM in response to foz32

foz32 wrote:

Do you understand what I mean ????!!!!!!!!!

i feel tired To talk with your company why dont understand what I mean ????

baaaad Service!!!!

What I mean
I don’t remember the Apple id its very very old
How i can use my iPad with different apple id?

You can’t.

You and the many other folks that have asked this same question over the years all get the same answer.

No.

This is a theft-deterrent mechanism.

It wouldn’t be a deterrent if it were easy to bypass.

Resetting, reloading, and such won’t disable Activation Lock.

You need that Apple ID and password. (click here: Forgot Password, or Recover Apple ID)

Or you need the original purchase receipt and matching photo ID and a chat directly with Apple.

No other Apple ID can release Activation Lock.

Because without that Apple ID and password, this device is effectively lost or stolen.

You wouldn’t want us providing an easy Activation Lock bypass for a device you owned and that had been stolen, right?

Which means you’re left to recover that Apple ID and password, or to contact Apple with proof of original ownership, or to recycle this device.

And as stated above, we’re not Apple. We’re other users. Want to contact Apple? Click the link in the upper right.

Apr 18, 2020 4:07 PM in response to foz32

You can not unlock this iPad without knowing the Apple ID and password that was used to set it up. That is the ONLY way to remove the activation lock. You will not be able to use another Apple ID until the activation lock is removed.

If you still have the original receipt to prove that you are the owner of the iPad, when the stores reopen, you can take iPad and the receipt to an Apple Store and they may be able to help you in lock it.

I have old mini iPad i cant remove lock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.