Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Text Message Icon

Why is there a gray crescent moon next to a text message I sent a friend yesterday?

iPhone 8 Plus

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 7:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 7:15 AM

offHello,

It means that you have turned on Do not Disturb mode for that contact, so you won't receive any notifications from them until you turn it off.

You can turn it off by going to Messages, Click on the Conversation, Click on their name, Click on Info, Turn off Hide Alerts.

I hope this helps :)

If you thought my answer was helpful, it would be greatly appreciated if you mark it as 'helpful'

Thanks,

EpicX

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 7:15 AM in response to LillyLaneFarm

offHello,

It means that you have turned on Do not Disturb mode for that contact, so you won't receive any notifications from them until you turn it off.

You can turn it off by going to Messages, Click on the Conversation, Click on their name, Click on Info, Turn off Hide Alerts.

I hope this helps :)

If you thought my answer was helpful, it would be greatly appreciated if you mark it as 'helpful'

Thanks,

EpicX

Text Message Icon

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.