Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

EU consumer law 6 year warranty

Hi there,

Anyone familiar with the EU consumer law 6 year warranty for products bought in EU/Germany?

I bought my MacBook in Germany 2014.

An Apple certified technician tells me that my logic board is broken.

Is this then covered under faulty hardware warranty?

Kind regards,

Daniel

MacBook Pro 15", macOS 10.14

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 9:17 AM

2 replies

Apr 18, 2020 12:54 PM in response to DanielLeCorbusier

EU Consumer Law is NOT a warranty, nor is it a replacement for warranty. It's a lemon law. When you have a problem with a product you have to bring it to the manufacturer's attention (in this case Apple) within a reasonable time. Most consumer law states the first 6 months ownership. The manufacturer has to perform a repair and document the repair. Now, you state 6 years but most consumer law is 2 years. During the "6" years if you have the same problem and it's been serviced and documented by Apple then Apple will repair it. It's the consumer's responsibility to prove the issue they have years later is the same issue and cause of the first issue otherwise consumer law cannot force Apple repair anything.

"An Apple certified technician tells me that my logic board is broken. "

"Is this then covered under faulty hardware warranty?"

Did you ask this of the technician? If this is an authorized Apple service repair tech then he/she would know.

EU consumer law 6 year warranty

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.