Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Newsroom Update

Apple is introducing a new Apple Watch Pride Edition Braided Solo Loop, matching watch face, and dynamic iOS and iPadOS wallpapers as a way to champion global movements to protect and advance equality for LGBTQ+ communities. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Audio files, where do they go?

Anything from saved voicemails, to Audio files that have been sent from other... you can save them... just not sure where they go? I can’t find them anywhere.

iPhone XS Max, 13

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 10:33 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 1:08 PM

Thanks for following up, Bunzz,

As mentioned previously, if someone sent you an audio message in the Messages app, the audio message is saved within the Messages app. Open the thread you have with the person who sent it, tap their contact at the top of the thread, then the info "i" to the right. This will show you your attachments, and the messages should be there.

If you would like to save the file to another location on your device, have the sender re-send the voicemail via email. Then you can save the audio file to your Files app.

If you have additional questions or concerns about where your files are saved to and how to go back to view them later, please get in touch with Apple Support directly: Contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2020 1:08 PM in response to Bunzz101

Thanks for following up, Bunzz,

As mentioned previously, if someone sent you an audio message in the Messages app, the audio message is saved within the Messages app. Open the thread you have with the person who sent it, tap their contact at the top of the thread, then the info "i" to the right. This will show you your attachments, and the messages should be there.

If you would like to save the file to another location on your device, have the sender re-send the voicemail via email. Then you can save the audio file to your Files app.

If you have additional questions or concerns about where your files are saved to and how to go back to view them later, please get in touch with Apple Support directly: Contact Apple Support.

Cheers.

Apr 20, 2020 10:54 AM in response to Bunzz101

Hi, Bunzz101,

Thanks for stopping by the Apple Support Communities. I understand that you're wondering where audio files are saved on your iPhone. I'm happy to help!

Where the files are saved depends on what app you're saving from, and the type of file you're trying to save.

For example, if you want to save a visual voicemail, you can export to the Notes app or to the Voice Memos app: Save and share Visual Voicemail messages on your iPhone - Apple Support. Your voicemail will then be available in the app you have chosen to save it to.

Likewise, if someone sends you a voice message via iMessage, you can save the voice message so it does not get deleted. It will be available within that message thread in the Messages app.

Best!

Audio files, where do they go?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.