Newsroom Update

Apple and Google deliver support for unwanted tracking alerts in iOS and Android. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

camera is draining too much battery after 13.4.1 update

1 percent per minute, and it didn’t a week ago I.e before the update. Everything else doesn’t drain as much battery I can use my phone consecutively and it would last 7 hours which is okay for 88 percent battery health, but as soon as I open camera from the app or intact any Other app like sc or instagram, my battery goes down like crazy. Is something wrong with my camera? Or my battery or is this related to the update. My Siri, Bluetooth etc everything else is off

iPhone XS, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 10:52 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 12:02 PM

Try force closing the camera app to see if that helps, How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. If that does not help, the next step is to create a current backup and restore the iPhone to that backup. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support If that does not help, then restore to factory, set up as new, not using a backup and test. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support If that does not work, then use the link on the top of the page here to contact Apple Support.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 12:02 PM in response to m461

Try force closing the camera app to see if that helps, How to force an app to close on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch - Apple Support. If that does not help, the next step is to create a current backup and restore the iPhone to that backup. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch from a backup - Apple Support If that does not help, then restore to factory, set up as new, not using a backup and test. Restore your iPhone, iPad, or iPod to factory settings - Apple Support If that does not work, then use the link on the top of the page here to contact Apple Support.

Apr 18, 2020 11:37 AM in response to m461

Assuming that you successfully and accurately Force ReStarted your iPhone as shown in my previous post, Open Settings ➔ Battery and then review the section under Battery Usage by App. See whether there is any app that stands out that you feel is draining the battery faster than it should. Next, ➔ Force Close All Apps as shown in that link. Test again.

Axel F.

camera is draining too much battery after 13.4.1 update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.