Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HomePod losing WiFi connection and Disconnecting from my Apple TV

I have 3 HomePod speakers two as a stereo combination in my living room and a single speaker in my dining room. I have music playing from the Music App on my Apple TV to all three speakers and this works for a period of time but at a time unknown the standalone dining room speaker will quit playing while the stereo speakers continue to work. When I try to reconnect it via the music app it shows it is connecting but then disconnects and displays to right as not playing. When I go to the speaker and tap for Siri it responds that it is having trouble connecting to the internet. When I go to the home app on my iPhone it shows that speaker is playing an entirely different song then what is playing on my Apple TV however I cannot get any audible sound out of this dining room speaker. I have followed the recommendation to disconnect and reset and it works the next time I try it however the pattern repeats. I have two suspicions. One a problem with my AT&T DSL based wireless router or this problem occurs when I switch playlists on my Apple TV. Any suggestions would be much appreciated. Really enjoy the sound quality and ease of use of these speakers. Thank you.

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 12:16 PM

Similar questions

6 replies

Apr 19, 2020 12:15 PM in response to turingtest2

Very interesting the AT&T router (PACE 5268AC FXN) does support both 2.4G and 5G but was configured to auto select so my girlfriends iPhone was defaulting to 5G and the HomePod as a result was going to 5G as well. I just reconfigured the router to display separate ID's for 2.4G and 5 G and will not reset her iPhone to 2.4G and re-install the HomePod's and see if that fixes the issue. Will let you know. Thank you.

Apr 20, 2020 9:10 AM in response to turingtest2

Just wanted to close the loop with you. I put all the HomePod speakers and the Apple TV and my girlfriend's iPhone 11 Pro Home app on the 2.4G wireless and it worked flawlessly on Music and Netflix apps last night. Today when I started up a Music Playlist it was not playing on the standalone speaker, was working fine on the Stereo pair. I went to the audio selection in the Music app and it showed the standalone speaker was selected but could not get it to play even when I tried to increase volume at the speaker. Went back deselected the standalone speaker and reselected it and it started working fine. So it appears your recommendation has solved the majority of the problems we were having. Thank you.

HomePod losing WiFi connection and Disconnecting from my Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.