Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Using Camera in Zoom Meetings with iPad

Hi there,

I’m able to use my iPad Pro in Zoom meetings but I’m unable to switch my camera to the setting that does not present printed materials backwards. For example, when I hold a printed name tag to show a student, the print is backward. I don’t have this problem when using my HP laptop because Zoom gives the option of flipping the camera view. Any help would be VERY appreciated!

Thank you!

Peter

iPad Pro, iPadOS 13

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 12:17 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 12:32 PM

I just checked Zoom on my iPad. Are you using a Virtual Background? It seems that if you turn off the virtual background by selecting None, the camera will flip around to Mirror. When I have virtual background on, it will show just fine. There do not seem to be any other settings available for the camera/video in the iPad app. You may wish to reach out to Zoom support to ask them if there is anything else you can do. Since I always use a virtual background, so they can't see the mess in my kitchen, it doesn't affect me, or I am sharing my screen for PowerPoint.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 18, 2020 12:32 PM in response to PeterLounibos

I just checked Zoom on my iPad. Are you using a Virtual Background? It seems that if you turn off the virtual background by selecting None, the camera will flip around to Mirror. When I have virtual background on, it will show just fine. There do not seem to be any other settings available for the camera/video in the iPad app. You may wish to reach out to Zoom support to ask them if there is anything else you can do. Since I always use a virtual background, so they can't see the mess in my kitchen, it doesn't affect me, or I am sharing my screen for PowerPoint.

Using Camera in Zoom Meetings with iPad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.