Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Syncing iphone

In syncing my mac with an iphone 5s I discovered it does sync the library of songs but not the playlists and I checked it to specifically sync the playlists.

iPhone 5s

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 2:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 6:08 AM

Hey BDK1227,

Thanks for following up with us. After checking the box for "Specific playlists, artists..." you'll be prompted to then select the playlists you want to sync. Let's try this process again and choose just one playlist to sync and see if you're able to successfully sync that playlist. If so, go ahead and sync the rest of the content back again. If syncing one playlist doesn't work, or if syncing them all back doesn't work again, reach out further assistance here: Contact Support

Cheers!

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 6:08 AM in response to BDK1227

Hey BDK1227,

Thanks for following up with us. After checking the box for "Specific playlists, artists..." you'll be prompted to then select the playlists you want to sync. Let's try this process again and choose just one playlist to sync and see if you're able to successfully sync that playlist. If so, go ahead and sync the rest of the content back again. If syncing one playlist doesn't work, or if syncing them all back doesn't work again, reach out further assistance here: Contact Support

Cheers!

Apr 20, 2020 1:21 PM in response to BDK1227

Hey BDK1227,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I understand you're not seeing your playlists available after syncing. I want to make sure you have all your music available, and I'm happy to help.

You mentioned you did choose playlists to sync. Just to make sure we're on the same page. In step 4 of the resource below, instead of "entire music library" you choose "Specific playlists, artists, albums, and genres" then selected the playlists you wanted to sync? If that's the case, did any of your playlists sync as expected?

Sync music between your Mac and iPhone or iPad

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Syncing iphone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.