Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Sharing iTunes content between iPads using differnet AppleIDs

Hi

We have a single iMac that has all our combined music and movices on it. Using HomeID we can share that to AppleTV and I can share to my iPad however my wife uses her own AppleID on her iPad. How do we share the iTunes content to her machine without having to mess around changing hte AppleID.

The AppleIDs are already connected to allow App install sharing

Cheers

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 2:34 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 18, 2020 2:42 PM

You should be able to do that using Family Sharing.

Family Sharing.         

Family Sharing - Set up.       

Family Sharing -What types of content can I share?     

6 replies

Apr 22, 2020 1:06 PM in response to Eric Root

I've checked that and Family sharing appearst o be set up correctly. Everything in family sharing talks about purchased or subscribed content. Our siituation is the media is all ripped from cd/dvd. This doesn't appear to share.

iCloud stoarge for it isn't really an option as I have more than 2Tb of media.

Am I missing something in teh family sharing setup or is the sharing of local media not supported in family sharing?

Apr 22, 2020 2:06 PM in response to Eric Root

None of those are a soluition to what I want. What I want to set up is a media server that can stream to any of the various devices we have. for the volumes I am looking at one drive and dropbox for storeage start to get pricy and, unless its changed recently, flicker is a photo shareing site so not really any good for music and movies. I have plenty of local storeage and it is all backed up to an offsite backup provider so I'm not worried about cloud storage to solve that issue. I'm thinking something like Plex or Subsonic

Sharing iTunes content between iPads using differnet AppleIDs

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.