You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Connecting external monitor, flickers

Hi!

I have a Benq FP95G-montior that I want to use with my MacBook Pro 2019 13,3inch. I have bought an USB C to dvi- adapter and connected it to a dvi-dvi cable to make the range longer. When I turn everything on, the external monitor is ok for a few seconds, and then it starts to flicker.

I´ve checked the monitor with another computer, and I´ve tried another monitor, and the monitors are fine. The problem is the same with both monitors when connected to my mac, so I´m guessing it´s the adapter or cable?

I´ve tried resetting the NVRAM and the SMC (not sure if I was successful, though), but nothing happened. I´ve upgraded the Mac, I´ve taken the power cable in and out and so on..

Do I need to try another adapter or cable? Would it be better with USB C to VGA? Is the external monitor just too old?

Please help!

MacBook Pro 13”, macOS 10.15

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 3:15 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 4:06 AM

AncaRø wrote:

Hi!

I have a Benq FP95G-montior that I want to use with my MacBook Pro 2019 13,3inch. I have bought an USB C to dvi- adapter and connected it to a dvi-dvi cable to make the range longer. When I turn everything on, the external monitor is ok for a few seconds, and then it starts to flicker.
I´ve checked the monitor with another computer, and I´ve tried another monitor, and the monitors are fine. The problem is the same with both monitors when connected to my mac, so I´m guessing it´s the adapter or cable?

I´ve tried resetting the NVRAM and the SMC (not sure if I was successful, though), but nothing happened. I´ve upgraded the Mac, I´ve taken the power cable in and out and so on..

Do I need to try another adapter or cable? Would it be better with USB C to VGA? Is the external monitor just too old?

Please help!

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support
 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

4 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2020 4:06 AM in response to AncaRø

AncaRø wrote:

Hi!

Please help!

Get help with video issues on external displays connected to your Mac - Apple Support
 https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT201177

Connecting external monitor, flickers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.