You can make a difference in the Apple Support Community!

When you sign up with your Apple Account, you can provide valuable feedback to other community members by upvoting helpful replies and User Tips.

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Light and Dark Wallpapers

Hey!

I have a wallpaper which has both a light and dark version. Is there a way I could set this up so that it changes automatically, like those built in to iOS 13?

iPhone 7

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 3:52 AM

Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 4:46 AM

rahulon ~ I could be wrong, but I don't think it's possible. ...The closest you could get to what you want is to set up a personal automation in the Shortcuts app to display Settings' Wallpaper pane. In the Events category there's a Time of Day type where you can choose both Sunrise and Sunset to trigger the automation. The shortcut actions would look like this:

Be aware that Time of Day is one of the automations (see HERE) which cannot be run automatically:

• Arrive

• Before I Leave

• Bluetooth

• Leave

• Time of Day

• Wi-Fi

...You'll have to tap on a notification which will automatically appear. More Settings URLs HERE.

õ¿õ¬

2 replies
Question marked as Top-ranking reply

Apr 19, 2020 4:46 AM in response to rahulon12

rahulon ~ I could be wrong, but I don't think it's possible. ...The closest you could get to what you want is to set up a personal automation in the Shortcuts app to display Settings' Wallpaper pane. In the Events category there's a Time of Day type where you can choose both Sunrise and Sunset to trigger the automation. The shortcut actions would look like this:

Be aware that Time of Day is one of the automations (see HERE) which cannot be run automatically:

• Arrive

• Before I Leave

• Bluetooth

• Leave

• Time of Day

• Wi-Fi

...You'll have to tap on a notification which will automatically appear. More Settings URLs HERE.

õ¿õ¬

Light and Dark Wallpapers

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple Account.