Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Compression artifact and the noticeable distortion on the sky with Smart HDR. (iPhone 11 Pro)

The Smart HDR function is quite impressive but I think something is not right.

See the sky for yourself in these pictures (in red color). The compression artifact and noticeable distortion on the sky is only showing when I use the wide camera, the telephoto camera don't seem to have this problem. Doesn't matter if shoot in JPG or HEIC.

Apple - please fix this. Thanks!

Wide camera:

Telephoto camera:

This is the worst of them all:

iPhone 11 Pro, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 5:04 AM

Similar questions

2 replies

Apr 21, 2020 7:44 AM in response to macki

Hey macki,

Thanks for using Apple Support Communities! I can see from your post you have some concerns and feedback regarding camera modes on your iPhone.

I know how important it is to get the most from your iPhone camera, and recommend checking out the resource below about using the different camera modes. You can also provide feedback about the improvements you'd like to see as well.

Use camera modes on your iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch

Product Feedback

Thanks again, and have a great day!

Apr 21, 2020 9:22 AM in response to Joseph_S.

No. It's not about the camera mode.

It's how bad the wide camera is, I don't know if this was after 13.4 or before. There are lot of compression artifacts and noticeable distortion on the sky with Smart HDR. I have pictures before 13.4 without this problem.

I do know how to use a camera, thanks 😊

Compression artifact and the noticeable distortion on the sky with Smart HDR. (iPhone 11 Pro)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.