Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Logic Pro X and MIDI keyboard controller

I can't hear playback after I record my instruments into Logic Pro X. I'm using the Arturia Keylab 49 controller with Analog Lab 4. It appears as if I'm able to record the MIDI notes, but when I try to play it back, I can't hear anything.

Attached is a photo for better understanding, possibly.

Any ideas?

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 2:52 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 7:48 PM

You're using the standalone Analog Lab software. Close it. You have to load the Analog Lab plugin instrument in Logic.

Click on the Instrument slot on the Channel Strip and look for something like "Instrument>AU Instruments>Arturia..." in the dropdown menu.

You may check if the Analog Lab plugin is validated under Menu Logic Pro X > Preferences > Plugin Manager.

WD

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 7:48 PM in response to ejmeredith

You're using the standalone Analog Lab software. Close it. You have to load the Analog Lab plugin instrument in Logic.

Click on the Instrument slot on the Channel Strip and look for something like "Instrument>AU Instruments>Arturia..." in the dropdown menu.

You may check if the Analog Lab plugin is validated under Menu Logic Pro X > Preferences > Plugin Manager.

WD

Apr 19, 2020 7:27 PM in response to Wilddrums

I'm using the Arturia 49 Keylab Essential, which is a MIDI controller. It came with presets not on the keyboard, but in this program called Analog Lab 4. In order for me to use those presets, I have to have Analog Lab 4 open.

When I open up Logic and use the keyboard with Logic's presets, I'm both able to record and hear the playback using Logic sounds.

Now, when I open up Logic and use the keyboard with Analog Lab's presets (this meaning Analog Lab is open) I am able to play and record, but I'm not able to hear the playback for those presets, but it shows they are recording. My assumption is that something is wrong with the output in Logic that I'm not doing correctly.

Logic Pro X and MIDI keyboard controller

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.