Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I keep getting pop-ups on Google Chrome. How do I stop these?

About a month ago I started getting pop-ups in Google Chrome. I tried uninstalling Chrome and re-installing, but that didn't help. Can someone explain to me how to stop these pop-ups?

I have a 2009 MacBook Pro with OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6. I've attached a screenshot of what the pop-up looks like. Thanks

MacBook Pro 15", OS X 10.11

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 4:37 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 4:41 PM

System Preferences > Notifications > Google Chrome > None.

If you just don't want certain websites to send notifications, then Chrome has its own setting for that. Open Chrome, and go to the three dots in the upper right, then Settings > Advanced > Privacy & Security > Site Settings > Notifications > OFF.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 19, 2020 4:41 PM in response to rossfrom1985

System Preferences > Notifications > Google Chrome > None.

If you just don't want certain websites to send notifications, then Chrome has its own setting for that. Open Chrome, and go to the three dots in the upper right, then Settings > Advanced > Privacy & Security > Site Settings > Notifications > OFF.

I keep getting pop-ups on Google Chrome. How do I stop these?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.