Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Wont accept my payment method. There is a pending charge that Apple hasn’t completed yet. There is not an unpaid balance on my account, just the pending amount. What gives?

I’ve been using this payment method with no issues. I try to download a free app from app store, says to update payment method. I check info, all is correct. I check purchase history, I notice a “pending amount” so I check Venmo account, and it shows receipt for purchase. I also received receipt from Apple showing purchase. Why is it still pending in my account, and is this why it wont accept my payment method?

Posted on Apr 19, 2020 8:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 7:09 AM

Pending means iTunes hasn't received the money. Are there any errors on the payment details screen ? Have you tried a different card ?

1 reply

Wont accept my payment method. There is a pending charge that Apple hasn’t completed yet. There is not an unpaid balance on my account, just the pending amount. What gives?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.