Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mac running so slow.

Hey,

I have had my Mac for about a year now and brought it brand new. When buying they set the Mac up for me but ever since bring it home the Mac has been so slow.. Since changing from windows to Mac I just thought that Mac was just super slow. But it has since come to my attention that there is a issue. It’s takes so long to open anything it can take up to 1 to 2 minutes with out fail. Today I sat down to try and figure out why, I have updated it and it has since become worse. I’m just wondering if anyone is able to help me fix this issue or if I should take it back to where I brought it from and get them to help or take it into the Apple store.

thanks

iMac Pro

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 5:19 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 5:43 AM

I would run the free program called etrecheck and post the result

things which slow them down is too little system memory, realtime "virus scanners", malware, old 5400rpm hd's

or failing hd's the etrecheck repport would likely shead light as to what cause the issue.

2 replies

Mac running so slow.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.