Newsroom Update

The redesigned iPad Air and new iPad Pro with Apple silicon are now available. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlock my older ipad

unlock my older ipad

Windows, Windows 6

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 8:56 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 9:03 AM

Unlock what? Have you forgotten the passcode to get to the home screen? Have you forgotten your Apple ID and password and it is Activation Locked? There are more than one lock, you need to explain the issue clearly.

6 replies

Apr 22, 2020 7:17 AM in response to Charger709

That is Activation Lock. Unless you can recover that information, the only option is to contact Apple Support. If not for the Covid-19 issue, you would be told to get the original receipt and bring it and the iPad to the nearest Apple Store and ask for help. Now you need to contact Apple. Use this link to find the contact information in your location. Choose your country or region - Official Apple Support You are not speaking with Apple here, this is a user to user support forum and Apple does not participate here.

Apr 22, 2020 6:03 AM in response to Charger709

this iPad is set up with my sons information. It’s not the same email as mine. I don’t know what the email was his password or his ID. And he doesn’t remember any of that and he doesn’t even have that email account anymore. So I can’t have it sent to that email. So first I need to put in my email so I can unlock it to start over with a new set up.

Apr 21, 2020 8:38 AM in response to ChrisJ4203

I have an older iPad that I use before my new one. I’m trying to give my old iPad to my son. I can’t get in the old iPad because I don’t remember what the password or ID is. I don’t remember any of that because it’s about three years old now and I use my new one and I don’t remember the old one. So I really Need to get the old one unlocked so I can clean out the computer before I give it to him. And then he can start over with all his information in the old iPad. I don’t know how to unlock it because I don’t know the information on the sign in screen. Thank you

unlock my older ipad

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.