Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Apple TV Remote - iOS 13 - Control Center

I'm using a the Apple TV Remote included in the iOS 13 Control Center with an Apple TV 3.

When accessing the Apple TV search field, the Apple TV Remote app loads the keyboard but the speech to text microphone button is missing. Did Apple deliberately omit this function? It burdensome and unnecessary to have to enter search information via the keyboard.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Other Apple applications and many 2nd party applications provide this feature as it is natively available as part of the iPhone's operating system. The iPhone App Store's version of this program also lacks speech to text functionality - why? The Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, etc apps have speech to text for the search field.

In my use case with the Apple TV 3, the microphone appears as the Remote app loads and then it disappears leaving fewer buttons. It could be made available in the keyboard.

We know the speech to text function is prevalent in the other iPhone applications. Apple if this is not deliberate please, please fix it.

If the choice was made to omit speech to text functionality, please grow a conscience and include it just like all of the other Apple apps..... and your competitor's apps - Netflix, YouTube, etc. Please don't tell us that it is not possible. We know otherwise.

Thank you.

iPhone SE, iOS 13

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:14 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:31 AM

This is a user forum, you are not addressing apple here.

Siri dictation requires a 4th gen or 5th gen. Also, that model does not run apps (only preset content sent via server) and providers have been starting to drop support.

1 reply

Apple TV Remote - iOS 13 - Control Center

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.