Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is it okay to unplug Apple TV?

I noticed that you can't "turn off" the Apple TV, only put it to sleep. Is it okay, if i put it to sleep and unplug it when I'm not using it?

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 12:00 PM

tomi1804 wrote:
Thank you for your answer! But is it harmful to the device (if I unplug it)? I just don't really feel comfortable leaving anything plugged in when I leave the house.

I don't think it would be harmful...just unnecessary.

4 replies

Apr 20, 2020 12:04 PM in response to tomi1804

tomi1804 wrote:

I just don't really feel comfortable leaving anything plugged in when I leave the house.

Even your refrigerator?

Unless you have very old wiring or you're using a lot of extension cords (both a cause for concern that should be addressed), you can safely leave things plugged in. The exception to this would be appliances that are intended to generate heat (iron, electric heater). If you have pets (or oblivious housemates) who might knock into them and cause them to be turned on, then unplugging them wouldn't be a bad idea.

Is it okay to unplug Apple TV?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.