Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Downgrade Safari

I have just downgraded from Catalina from Mojave. Everything is working well except for Safari. The version of Safari from Catalina no longer works on Mojave and it cannot be opened. I am now without a browser on my Mac. The Safari icon has a cross over it and the error message below appears when I click on it. Can anyone help me get a version of Safari back that works on my Mac? Thank you.

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 2:30 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 2:58 PM

Alistair_XIII Said:

"Downgrade Safari: I have just downgraded from Catalina from Mojave. Everything is working well except for Safari. The version of Safari from Catalina no longer works on Mojave and it cannot be opened. I am now without a browser on my Mac. The Safari icon has a cross over it and the error message below appears when I click on it. Can anyone help me get a version of Safari back that works on my Mac? Thank you."

-------

Try This:

1. First, Backup your Mac, then

2. Then, install your macOS Mojave anew.

3. Finally, migrate it over.

In Depth:

Back up your Mac:

Start by Creating a Time Machine Backupof my Mac. That way I could be assured that Incan recover my Mac, should I need the App back or if anything goes wrong due to the removal. So, Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

Use a USB Bootable Installer:

Create a USB Bootable Installer for Mojave. Delete the hard drive's partition. Then, install Mojave with. Go Here: How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support. Next, migrate it over from the Time Machine Backup you created in step 1 to this new install.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 20, 2020 2:58 PM in response to Alistair_XIII

Alistair_XIII Said:

"Downgrade Safari: I have just downgraded from Catalina from Mojave. Everything is working well except for Safari. The version of Safari from Catalina no longer works on Mojave and it cannot be opened. I am now without a browser on my Mac. The Safari icon has a cross over it and the error message below appears when I click on it. Can anyone help me get a version of Safari back that works on my Mac? Thank you."

-------

Try This:

1. First, Backup your Mac, then

2. Then, install your macOS Mojave anew.

3. Finally, migrate it over.

In Depth:

Back up your Mac:

Start by Creating a Time Machine Backupof my Mac. That way I could be assured that Incan recover my Mac, should I need the App back or if anything goes wrong due to the removal. So, Create a Time Machine backup of your Mac, so that you can have something to restore your Mac from, should anything go wrong with the reinstall.

Use a USB Bootable Installer:

Create a USB Bootable Installer for Mojave. Delete the hard drive's partition. Then, install Mojave with. Go Here: How to create a bootable installer for macOS - Apple Support. Next, migrate it over from the Time Machine Backup you created in step 1 to this new install.

Downgrade Safari

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.