Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cancel subscription

My child downloaded an app called "VIP MAGIC SMULE". As far as knew this app was always free, yet now it has changed to a monthly subscription for $21.76 and they already charged my card. Please, would you tell me how to get a refund and cancel the subscription, cause I can't find it in the subscriptions list under my account?

Thank you, stay safe and well.

iPad Pro 10.5-inch, Wi-Fi, Cellular

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 2:44 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 6:19 AM

That's a scam. Fake email. Apple only sends emails from addresses ending in apple.com and will never send attachments in the email.

You can't find the puported subscription, because it never happened.

Its a fake email trying to get you to provide them with your account derails.

If you clicked the link in the email, and provided your apple id and password in whatever website opened your account is now compromised. Change your password.

See here: Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

and here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 6:19 AM in response to hawazin87

That's a scam. Fake email. Apple only sends emails from addresses ending in apple.com and will never send attachments in the email.

You can't find the puported subscription, because it never happened.

Its a fake email trying to get you to provide them with your account derails.

If you clicked the link in the email, and provided your apple id and password in whatever website opened your account is now compromised. Change your password.

See here: Identify legitimate emails from the App Store or iTunes Store - Apple Support

and here: Recognize and avoid phishing messages, phony support calls, and other scams - Apple Support

Apr 20, 2020 2:50 PM in response to hawazin87

Are you using Family Sharing?

If so, and your Child started the subscription, the subscription would be in his account not yours. Look for it on a device that is logged in to his account.

See here: See or cancel your subscriptions - Apple Support

Once you find it and can cancel it, contact iTunes Support for a refund: iTunes Store - Contact Us - Official Apple Support

Apr 20, 2020 6:36 PM in response to Phil0124

It's my account as he was using my I pad, so it should be under my subscriptions but I don't see it. I still receive emails from Apple Pay with invoices from this email: siew-4sdady7cs7hjqbztanafs3muymbdiso0na44m@mkencrutakaebrao.com ?

Is this a scam? cause it looks weird? they have an invoice in the attached file in Word! and now they're sending me another purchase I didn't even do with "Retouch Me: Body & Face Editor" What is this. What do you recommend?

Thank you.

Cancel subscription

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.