Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I use wired ear buds on an ipad pro (3rd gen)?

iPad Pro 12.9-inch, 3rd Gen, Wi-Fi

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 5:09 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 5:36 PM

Hello,

You would need to purchase a USB-C to mini-phono adapter.

3 replies

Apr 20, 2020 7:24 PM in response to beatriz290

You could use a USB-C to 3.5mm audio jack adaptor but that would block your ability to charge at the same time. My advice is to look into getting a Bluetooth receiver which is a small Bluetooth device that has a headphone jack on it that you can plug your ear buds into and connect the Bluetooth receiver to your iPad via Bluetooth. As of now, apple does not sell any Bluetooth receivers that I am aware of so your best bet is to have a look on amazon and see if there's any on there that you can get. Hope this helps.

Apr 21, 2020 4:51 PM in response to beatriz290

You can get additional port hubs for the iPad Pro from eBay for around £13 delivered that turns the USB-C port into a HDMI 4K/30 output, 3.5mm jack for wired earphones, USB-C charging port & a USB type A v3 port. I use one & does the job perfectly fine & is what you are looking for. Does not dangle down either like some of the wired type hubs.

This is the one I bought & use.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/383324009979

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.