Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

2016 macbook pro reinstall

i have a 2016 macbook pro did a factory reset on it when i try to reinstall macOS on it it tells me to select the disk where you want to install macOS but leaves a blank anyone got any tips to fix this?

MacBook Pro

Posted on Apr 20, 2020 11:47 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 5:39 PM

You need to select the SSD section in Disk Utility (the second one under the internal section on the left), and reformat that GUID/HFS+ by erasing it. Then you'll be able to command-option-shift-R reboot the machine while connected to ethernet. Ethernet is a wide phone like cable. IF you lack the port for an ethernet cable, Apple does make adapters for both USB and Thunderbolt.

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 5:39 PM in response to mrgutierrez13

You need to select the SSD section in Disk Utility (the second one under the internal section on the left), and reformat that GUID/HFS+ by erasing it. Then you'll be able to command-option-shift-R reboot the machine while connected to ethernet. Ethernet is a wide phone like cable. IF you lack the port for an ethernet cable, Apple does make adapters for both USB and Thunderbolt.

2016 macbook pro reinstall

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.