Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

unlocking phone from provider

my service provider has issued an unlock to me . how do I do this with out changing network

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 1:13 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Apr 21, 2020 1:28 AM

The unlock order will be processed and delivered to your phone over the internet, usually after two or three days. It will sit there waiting for you. Unfortunately, the only way to confirm that the process is complete is to insert a SIM from another carrier into your phone.

You only need to do this for a moment. You can, for example, borrow a SIM from any iPhone registered to a different carrier. If you see that other carrier's name in the corner of your screen, you're done. Just give back your friend's SIM and put yours back in your phone.

If, however, your friend's SIM shows "SIM Not Supported," your phone is not yet unlocked. Ask your carrier how much longer it will take. Good luck.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Apr 21, 2020 1:28 AM in response to qdbsound

The unlock order will be processed and delivered to your phone over the internet, usually after two or three days. It will sit there waiting for you. Unfortunately, the only way to confirm that the process is complete is to insert a SIM from another carrier into your phone.

You only need to do this for a moment. You can, for example, borrow a SIM from any iPhone registered to a different carrier. If you see that other carrier's name in the corner of your screen, you're done. Just give back your friend's SIM and put yours back in your phone.

If, however, your friend's SIM shows "SIM Not Supported," your phone is not yet unlocked. Ask your carrier how much longer it will take. Good luck.

unlocking phone from provider

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.